Thursday, August 22, 2013

Paper Dogwood Flowers


A few months ago, I was on a paper flower making craze! I was working on a project that involved making a ton of different types of flowers, all out of paper! The dogwood branch was definitely one of my favorite things that I made. Are you ready to learn how to make your own?

I found this project on marthastewart.com. You can check out the project details and instructions here: http://www.marthastewart.com/267034/paper-dogwood-flowers

I think the delicate, white flowers and green leaves look so pretty sitting on the branch. What’s really cool about this project is that you actually use a real tree branch. How cool is that?

This project is very inexpensive! You barely need any materials, only seven items: white + green cardstock, the template (on Martha Stewart website), scissors, eraser, green ink, starburst stamp, and clear craft glue. Instead of using the starburst stamp, I used a green Sharpie marker and dotted the center of my flowers. Other than that, I followed the instructions. There are written instructions and an instructional video on the website. I found the video to be very helpful.

This project is quick, cheap, and SO CUTE! Try it out.


Photo Credit: www.vi.sualize.us

Note: I used a picture of someone else’s dogwood flowers. I would have taken a picture of the ones I made, but they are kind of beat up because I had to display them outdoors…and it was raining. Paper flowers + rain = a total mess, haha. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment