Thursday, August 8, 2013

Makeup Bag Makeover, Post #2: Mascara


I received a bottle of Organic Wear mascara as a birthday gift from two awesome, sweet girls that I’ve known for a long time. I’ve been wearing it for the past few months and seriously couldn’t live without it! I started wearing this mascara around the time that I was teaching an art class to a group of younger children. One of my students, a really sweet little girl, told me my eyes were pretty. I’ve gotten a ton of other compliments on my eyes since I’ve started wearing this mascara. When I run out I’m so totally going to purchase the same bottle.

There are a lot of yucky ingredients found in traditional mascara. Let me show you a quick comparison of the ingredients. You’ll soon see that the natural mascara is WAY more effective and healthier.

Traditional mascara contains synthetic solvents that can make your lashes dry and brittle. This all natural mascara is free of synthetic solvents. It contains orange water that will hydrate and moisturize lashes. Aloe and cucumber extracts, in this mascara will calm, soothe, and moisturize lashes.

Synthetic polymers are another chemical ingredient found in most mascara. These ingredients can cause clumping and brush buildup. Not good, right? The mascara I’ve been using contains biopolymers, an all natural ingredient that combats clumps.

Synthetic preservatives typically found in mascara are used to preserve and extend shelf life. It’s great that it does all of that, but it’s just another chemical that should be nowhere near your body! The preservatives used in Organic Wear mascara actually reduce the risk of eye irritation.

Synthetic fibers can cause eye irritation, but do add volume to lashes. The tapioca starch in this natural mascara creates volume without causing irritation. So far, I think the natural mascara is sounding WAY more awesome, don’t you think?

Organic Wear claims that their mascara’s ingredients are 100% natural. Get this, it’s free of petroleum by products (irritates eyes), parabens, GMO’s and synthetic fragrances! It’s also hypoallergenic and cruelty free!

This mascara adds major volume, definition, and length to my lashes! I’m totally in love with this product and recommend that you try it out! Oh, and one more thing… I love the bottle! It’s super cute, right?

You can take a look at the Organic Wear mascara here: http://www.physiciansformula.com/en-us/productdetail/eyes/mascara/01063.html


Photo Credit: www.beautylish.com

No comments:

Post a Comment