Saturday, July 27, 2013

Natural Remedy for Dry Hair


Dealing with a head of dry, frizzy hair is the worst! It’s a total pain, right?! Heat tools, exposure to wind + sun, products, and blow drying can all lead to a dry hair nightmare!

This may sound weird but guess what can remedy your dry hair? Vinegar! It’s an amazing cleanser and conditioner that will restore your hair’s natural shine! I used vinegar on my hair and now its so soft, super shiny, and tangle-free! Vinegar is great for removing product buildup and cleansing the skin on your scalp! Awesome, right?!

I tried out two different types of vinegar; apple cider and white. I’m not going lie, the apple cider vinegar has a very strong smell to it. If you can’t tolerate the smell, I would suggest using white vinegar instead. I did prefer using the apple cider vinegar, because I felt that I got better results. White vinegar will still hydrate, soften, and add shine to your hair. I just found it to not be as effective as the apple cider vinegar, but it doesn't smell. So, it’s up to you, both will re-hydrate your hair.

Here’s info on the vinegar treatment: Mix equal parts apple cider vinegar and water together in a small cup. I have long, thick hair and used ¼ cup of each. So, use more or less depending on your hair type. Shampoo your hair first and rinse well. Then, soak your ends in the mixture for about 1 minute. After the minute is up, tilt your head back, and slowly pour the mixture over the top of your hair, letting it run down your shaft. Let the mixture do it’s magic for 3-5 minutes, and then rinse it out. You can skip conditioning because the vinegar will take care of that for you. My hair feels so much healthier and renewed after using this treatment!

Note: Be careful not to get it in your eyes! It will burn! Make sure you keep your head tilted back when pouring mixture to help ensure that you don’t get it in your eyes.


Photo credit: skincare.allwomenstalk.com

No comments:

Post a Comment