Wednesday, July 24, 2013

DIY Book Box

Check out this book box! Cute, right? I made a few of these with some friends awhile back and thought it was totally worth sharing! One of my fav parts about this project was picking out the pretty paper. Trying to coordinate the colored felt, cute stickers, and beautiful ribbon was fun too! Another thing that’s really cool about this project is that each box comes out with its own unique look depending on what kind of paper and other materials you choose to use.

I actually keep all of my earrings in one of the book boxes I created. I think it’s such a cool way to store your little things! I’ve gifted a couple of these boxes to friends/family and they just absolutely loved them! It’s such a unique handmade gift!

Making one of these was simple and something that’s easy for you to pull off at home.  It only took me around 30 min. to create one box! Amazing, huh?! I got the project idea off of this website: http://www.dickblick.com/lesson-plans/recycled-book-boxes/   I thought the boxes they created needed a face lift and a touch of femininity. I just followed their instructions, but picked out more attractive paper and decorated mine with pretty stuff. I also painted my “pages” silver instead of gold. I thought it added a more stylish, modern look and brightened up the box.

So give this quick and easy project a try! You’ll be glad you did! 

No comments:

Post a Comment