Sunday, September 8, 2013

Limit Your Sweet Stuff

 

We all love sweet, sugary foods. I mean who doesn’t. I have to admit, I totally have a sweet tooth. ;)

It’s okay to eat sweets, but only in moderation. There are numerous studies that show that sugar slowly damages the body.

And get this; studies show that sugar consumption can lead to cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and many other serious health problems! Not to mention, weight gain, blemishes, and exhaustion, just to name a few. So, it’s not a good idea to be eating sweets all day long. But, it is okay to indulge here and there. I found that setting limits on my sugar consumption was really helpful. You should try to do this, too. Try thinking about it like this:

1) If you have an out of control sweet tooth or eat more than one sugary food a day, I would suggest trying to eat just one treat each day. You’ve gotta start somewhere, right?

2) Ready to limit yourself further? Then, pick two to three days a week where you allow yourself to indulge in something sweet.

3) This is another option that works for a lot of people: Try eating sugar free for 6 days a week. Then, choose one day a week that you let loose and eat whatever sugary stuff you want (don’t get too crazy though). If you do this, then try not to worry about reading package labels on day seven.

Setting limits on your sugar intake will help you in so many ways. One of the big bonuses to eating less sugar is weight loss. Not everyone needs to lose weight, but I know someone who lost weight fast. She lost 8 pounds and all she did was stop eating sugar for 6 weeks! Nothing else changed with her diet! She was a size 6 or 8 before and now she’s a 4 or 6. Amazing, right?!

Here’s an example of what my sugar consumption is like during the week: Last week, I ate homemade chocolate chip cookies on Tuesday and Saturday. The other five days I didn’t consume any cane sugars. If I got a craving for something sweet, I would add a little honey (1 tsp or less) to my Greek yogurt or lightly drizzle some over a banana. I always sprinkle cinnamon on my banana…so good!

I feel awesome since I’ve started limiting my sugar. I have WAY more energy now. And guess what else? My skin is so much clearer. Diet plays a huge role in pimple production. Limit your sugar consumption today. Don’t start tomorrow or next week. Start right now! YOU can do this!




Photo Credit: www.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment