Wednesday, September 25, 2013

DIY: Pumpkin Facial


Fall is finally here! We’re ditching that summer heat and welcoming some cool weather. When this time of year comes around pumpkin and warm spices are the first things that come to mind. I thought I’d kick off the beginning of the season by sharing two cool fall recipes. They’re not for eating, but your skin will sure be happy. ;)

I’ve been experimenting in the kitchen to create a pumpkin scrub and face mask. After a lot of testing, I finally have two awesome recipes to share with you. Check them out:

Pumpkin Face Scrub

Ingredients
1/4 cup canned pumpkin, pureed
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
splash apple cider vinegar (optional, for oily skin)

How To
1) Combine all ingredients into a small bowl and stir. 2) Gently massage onto face, using a circular motion. Avoid the delicate eye area. 3) Splash face with warm water to rinse.
Note: This recipe makes enough scrub for a few uses. Store what’s leftover in a tightly sealed container and refrigerate. Use within 5 days.

After you’ve used the scrub, give the face mask a whirl! Oh, and don’t freak out when you’re starting to remove the scrub or mask. Your skin will look slightly orange for a sec when you start removing, but it will all get rinsed off. Orange skin would not be good. I really scared myself…lol. ;)

Pumpkin Face Mask

Ingredients
1 tablespoon canned pumpkin, pureed
1 teaspoon honey
1/2 teaspoon milk
2 cucumber slices (optional)

How To
1) Mix all ingredients together. 2) Apply to face using gentle circular motions and avoid the area around your eyes. 3) Place cucumbers over eyes. 4) Leave the mask on skin for around 10-15 minutes. 5) Use your fingers to gently scrape as much of the mask off as you can. Then, splash your face with warm water, and pat dry. 6) You can follow up with a moisturizer if you’d like.
Note: This recipe makes one mask.

Why should you use pumpkin on your skin?
Pumpkin is full of antioxidants, enzymes, and vitamins C + K. The powerful enzymes in pumpkin rejuvenate, strengthen, and soften the skin.
Say goodbye to those dead skin cells! That’s right. Pumpkin removes dead skin, leaving you with a glowing complexion.
This orange fruit’s antioxidant power helps our skin big time! Constant exposure to pollutants in the environment and sun, stress, and an unhealthy diet can all lead to skin needing an antioxidant boost.  

My thoughts after using the pumpkin scrub and mask:
I absolutely loved it! My black heads have almost completely disappeared after only one use! Yay! I’ve been trying to get rid of those pesky dark holes for a long time now. My pores are visibly smaller and my skin feels tighter. My skin feels so soft and totally renewed. I’ve tried other facial scrubs and masks and have never seen these kinds of results. I’ll definitely be whipping up these pumpkin beauty recipes for the rest of this season!


My pumpkin face mask and scrub are cheap, easy to make, and seriously good for your skin. Try them out! Your skin will thank you!


Photo Credit: boise.dealsaver.com

No comments:

Post a Comment